If your OnePlus has boot or random reboot problems, help is at hand.
Constant boot or bootloop, your persist partition is corrupted.
Random reboot, your system partition may contain some corrupted files through OTA upgrade.
Both methods requires unlocking the bootloader. A process that will wipe your data.
The steps are here.
- Download this file from OnePlus support link
- Expand the file and read readme.pdf
For random reboot problems, run batch file 0 to 2.
It might be a good idea to disable the line “fastboot oem lock” at the end of batch file 2. In future if your phone needs to flash system files, you can do so without loosing data.
For continuous boot problems, you can use the following or run all the batch files.
- Put device into fastboot and connect to computer
fastboot flash persist persist.img
- If fastboot returns an error, it means the bootloader is locked. To proceed, you will need to unlock your bootloader. This will wipe all your data.
fastboot oem unlock
- Run step 2 again
- If successful, reboot to recovery, using the buttons.
- Clear the cache and reboot. Your phone will boot normally now. Consider putting in a custom recovery, at least you can backup the phone in recovery mode.