A friend of mine posted a easy to make Tiramisu recipe. The strange part here is that she doesn’t drink and a Tiramisu is alcoholic. She said can make it without the liquor. That got me thinking.
Why go half way, why not all the way. Drop the liquor, change the coffee to Milo and we have. Milomisu! Kids friendly!
Ingredients for 4 cups.
- Philadelphia cream cheese 250ml, room temp
- 3 cream crackers (Soda)
- Unsweetened Milo drink, cooled.
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar. You can use fine sugar.
- Some Milo powder for dusting.
- Soak the cream crackers in the Milo. These takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and slowly mix in the icing sugar. If you are using icing sugar, you will need to beat till it melts.
- Check for sweetness.
- When ready, tear off some of the soaked biscuits to line the base of the cups. Pour or pipe the cheese in.
- Put on another layer of soaked biscuits. Pour or pipe the cheese.
- Repeat until complete.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, dust some Milo powder on top.
If you like me are not keen on piping, you can spoon in the cheese and gently slam the cup on the counter. Not too hard or the cheese will fly out. Gently so that the cheese flatten out in the cup. Plastic cups highly recommended.