I saw an article on what to expect from Android in 2013. So I wrote on a list on what I expect in the Android world.
- I wish the mid and lower tier (by market and cost) handset makers would improve on their build quality and battery life. There are lots of manufacturers that provide very unique handsets, no camera (iNO), ultra large screens (Oppo, Meizu..). If they can tackle the battery life, the market share will grow.
- Somebody please kill NFC. Or change it to a store value card to give it a much needed kick start. Store value cards has smaller hurdles to jump.
- Apps developers, please please please follow the Android guide. There are lots of great apps with crappy interfaces.
- Better integration between Gmail and Contacts. It is a real pain to create/update a contact inside Gmail.
- Contacts search UI, needs improving.
When search for a person’s name, the closest matches are displayed. If the searched name is not in the dictionary, pressing on a match result will not open that link. Instead it will jump to closest match in the dictionary.To get around this, you have to pass the spell check first, then click on the desired entry. Even it is the first entry.